Secondary school No. 44 was founded in 1936. It was formed from 3 schools: school No. 21 (currently – the building of the orphanage on Kustarnaya street), school No.23 , which was situated in a wooden building near the cinema "Yondoz", school No. 20 , which is now located on the same place on Mingazheva street.
The first graduation of the 10th grade was held in 1939. There were only 3 classes in the 10th grade. On June 20, 1939 the first prom was attended by 100 people. At this time the school director was Dunaeva Fekla Prokhorovna (from September, 15 th 1937 till September,1 st 1944), head teachers were Lavrov A. A. and Glukhov W. A. From the first school alumnus who stayed and worked in school were Ivleva Antonina Aleksandrovna- maths teacher, Loginov Peter Yakovlevich - physics teacher. 28 out of 81 students graduated from school with «good and excellent» marks. Some of the 1939’ alumnus started working immediately, while other alumnus entered higher military institutions. Many young men joined the ranks of our Red Army, entering military schools. The first Komsomol members of the school took an active part in public life and in Subbotniks (voluntary Clean-Up days). Komsomol members organized evening events, often gave concerts on enterprises, on construction sites and in kolkhozs.
But peaceful work and study were interrupted by the treacherous attack of Hitler's Germany. The Great Patriotic war of 1941-1945 began. Due to the great Patriotic war, the school building was transformed to a hospital, and the school itself was placed in several buildings: in schools No. 21 and 23, in the building on Tsyurupy street, 20, on Budyonny street (now Mingazhev street), 21, in the building on Kustarnaya street, where the orphanage is located now. The hospital was located in the school building from 1942 to 1945. Students of school No. 44 helped the wounded soldiers in this hospital. The school pioneers wrote letters on behalf of the wounded soldiers to their relatives, presented various gifts to the wounded soldiers, performed concerts for them.
Students of school No. 44 did a great job during the Great Patriotic War. They worked in agricultural industry in various regions of Bashkiria. They first went to the town of Meleuz in June 1941. Students performed concerts in front of the residents of Meleuz. The first concert was held in the light of the fires. During two months our students weeded the gardens and fields, they stacked the hay. They coped with the task perfectly and received awards. Students who could not take part in agricultural work in collective and state farms, harvested vegetables in the suburban city areas. Students of 5th, 6th, 7th grades worked in military warehouses. During two years they stacked straw, weeded, carried grain in the collective farm of Davlekanovsky district. In Sharipovo village they cut the corn. Despite all the difficulties, they held pioneer camps, competed with the red army, organized Amateur concerts in hospitals. Komsomol members were the organizers of all these Affairs. The library was moved to the sponsored hospital which was in the building where school No. 44 is located now, students often visited wounded soldiers and read books to them.
During the war, many students went to the front: Mikhail Egorov, Klim Fedotov, Sergey Buzov and others. In 1941, Mikhail Ivanovsky, a 9 th grade student, a Komsomol member, volunteered for the front, later became the commander of a partisan troop and died like a hero in an unequal battle. In 1944 he was posthumously awarded the 1 st degree silver medal of partisan. There is a lot of information about him in the Local Ethnography Museum. Those students who stayed at the back forged weapons to defeat the enemy, others worked on the enterprises and also contributed to the victory over the enemy. Some students continued their studies.
School No. 44 has always been at the forefront of innovations and innovations of pedagogical thought, implementing and generating practical mechanisms of education. For example, School No. 44 was one of the first institutions of Ufa which introduced early profile education of students in the financial and economic fields. Now our school successfully works within the existing system: "School-College-University", where on the top is the Higher school of Economics under the Government of the Russian Federation. This project has been implemented since 1988.
In addition, School No. 44 has traditionally been a leader in the development of sports education. Having a unique sports base (more than 5 gyms, own Ice Arena, tennis court, etc.), the school has been the forge of children's sports reserve in more than 20 sports for many years.
Thanks to previous generations of teachers and directors, School No. 44 has the reputation of one of the strongest educational institutions in the city of Ufa and has the historical name on the map of education of the Republic of Bashkortostan.
Claudia Petrovna Akhryapova worked as a school director from September, 24 th , 1984 to September, 1st 1988. Alexander Leonidovich Tolstonozhenko was the school director from September, 1 st , 1988 to December, 28 th , 2012.
Oscar Faritovich Latypov, a candidate of pedagogical Science, associate Professor, master of sports of Russia in powerlifting, laureate of Federal personnel and educational projects, a full member of the Personnel reserve of the President of the Russian Federation , worked as a director from December, 28 th 2012 till September 30 th , 2016.
Azat Rafailovich Batyrshin is the current school director since October, 28 th , 2016.
Мы придерживаемся простого и ясного взгляда: образовательные услуги должны быть доступными и безупречно профессиональными.